IUC Survey Results 2017
In August 2017, InRule conducted its InRule User Community (IUC) survey to better understand who makes up the IUC and what benefits members receive from implementing InRule. The results were outstanding and InRule is proud to share them with a broader audience. The rest of this blog post sheds light on the insights we received from our survey.
IUC Survey Snapshot
- The IUC Survey was conducted via email to more than 350 companies
- 36 companies responded, representing 10% of the IUC (Similar surveys yield a 5-30% response rate)
- The following was the respondent break-out by industry segment:
- Insurance (30%)
- Banking and Financial Services (19%)
- Healthcare (15%)
- Technology (13%)
- Government (9%)
- Other (14%)
InRule by the Numbers
When asked about total cost savings derived from implementation and maintenance costs, IUC members realized an average total savings of $830,808. This cost savings represents a 70% increase from savings cited by the IUC in 2013. We attribute this significant increase to the addition of more features and products, which have allowed InRule to meet the evolving needs of the user community. Additionally, InRule can be customized for each instance, providing better results and solving real-world problems.
IUC members continue to reaffirm the time savings that their IT teams receive by using InRule. In fact, IT teams gained back over one full day each week, which represents an average cost savings of 23%, up from 20% in 2013.
We’re thrilled to know that IUC members love InRule, and 89% of responding companies stated that they would recommend InRule to a colleague.
InRule prides itself on being a no-code decision management platform and our mission is to bring everyone the power of computing without the complexity of programming. Therefore, it is important for us to know who uses our business rules management system (BRMS). This year, we learned that 54% of InRule users are non-developers, up from 52% in 2013. This means that developers and architects are freed to work on other projects, while business users are able to focus on writing and managing the rules that power the business.
How is InRule Used?
InRule is used across many different applications, including but not limited to loan processing, rating and underwriting, claims adjudication, clinical trials, and health and human services. In our survey, we also looked to understand the finer points of IUC members’ applications. Some of those insights included:
- 55% of IUC members run between 1,000 and 100,000 transactions per day
- 70% of users rule sets are between 0 and 1,000 rules
- 60% of users update their rule sets either weekly or monthly
These results make it clear: InRule is flexible and scalable. Users are able to run both large and small applications, and they can run and update them as often as they desire.
Why do IUC Members use InRule?
The most important thing for InRule to understand is why our IUC members use our BRMS. The more we understand our customers, the better we can serve them. Below are the main reasons why IUC members use InRule:
- Change applications quicker
- Make it easier to configure systems for customers
- Cost savings
- Allow business users to change rules and give them increased visibility
- Modernize legacy systems
This proves that InRule users understand and have realized the benefits of our BRMS. InRule enables non-technical users to quickly and easily manage the rules that drive their business, and helps organizations to save money and time.
InRule is deployed across many different industries, but has the widest usage within Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare, and Government. Non-technical users are using InRule more frequently than technical users, however both audiences benefit from the power of our BRMS. Finally, InRule users are experiencing more savings than ever. Their time savings has increased to 23% on average, and their cost savings has increased to $830,808.
We love hearing from our user community, so if you did not have a chance to take our survey and want to share your story, please let us know! If you’re not yet part of our user community and you’re interested in exploring InRule, you can access a 30-day free trial here. Alternatively, if you wish to speak with someone in more detail about how InRule can help your organization, you can contact us here.
- Total savings calculated based on average savings of implementation and maintenance as reported by survey respondents, calculated over a 7-year lifespan, using an 8% discount rate to compensate for the time value of money (TVM)
- Important Note: Survey data is a sample and does not directly reflect the views of the entire user community (population). Statistics are required to make inferences about the entire IUC from this sample
- All claims such as “50% of IUC Members…” are statistical inferences made from the sample data. The tests were performed with a 95% confidence level (a=.05). That means we can be fairly certain the claims are true.